Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the treat drawer

I'm stuck in a strange place.
In three weeks is my best friend's wedding where I am a bridesmaid and an MC.
The dress has been fitted and I can't afford to pay for the seams to be taken in, so while I would love to starve and sweat my ass off for the next 3 weeks to see what would happen, I'd rather it not cost me an extra $100 (btw the job hunt is more of a field trip).

I'm trying to be healthier though.
Fat has now accumulated on my face, and wiping sweat from neck rolls doesn't really scream SUMMER FUN.
Neither does the sweat on my upper lip and the sweat from front to back in the seat of my knickers.

But alas, my hands are conspiring with my tummy and I've managed to demolish a package of beer nuts.
280 calories for 1/3 cup.

The sad thing is that I don't have a job, I have a gym membership and a mother who was a fitness instructor. I have free time, enough free weights and workout dvds and equipment at home and a membership to a gym I could walk to.
I also have a dad who thinks I don't know the secret location of his treat drawer....

No comments:

Post a Comment