Sunday, April 11, 2010

the facts

5"4
155 lbs and climbing

It's not huge and some people might want their own scale to spit out that number, but it's not working for me.
I feel so dumpy and so unhealthy.
I avoid sports because I'm afraid my body isn't up for it and I'm going to get hurt.
I don't want this lifestyle anymore, I want something better, I deserve something better.
I'm the only one who can change me
(well me and DSM who bailed on his promise to yell at me once a week at the gym....)

SUCCESS!
Last night was the first mini victory against the belly bulge!
The party we were at had a the kind of spread that I would have personally requested.
All the party favourites I crave.
BUT
We didn't eat the chips and salsa dip
or the buns
or the pizza
or the carb-crazy orgasmic cheese and hashbrown dish that my mom makes.
Avoiding all this meant that we basically would run to the healthy food with blinders on to avoid the temptation. I did cave and eat two meatballs, but DSM said they were legit.
(he's one of our followers and has a great health and fitness blog, check him out)

So instead we had plate after plate of celery, carrots, mushrooms, strawberries and pineapple.
Victory feels so much better than that food would have made me feel.
Except when I woke up with a hangover and a lust for something to fill my stomach I started to wish I had stashed some of that food in my pockets...

No comments:

Post a Comment